The Gorgie Noise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

French Football

2 posters

Go down

French Football Empty French Football

Post  Greg 2 Villerupt Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:16 pm

As some of you might know, I'm french, leaving in France, and follow another team in Maroon : F.C. Metz.
If some of you are interested in French football, I can share latest news in that topic... If not, let me know, I would understand, I don't like it myself rendeer

So the main story of the summer break, was the fact that Quatar took over Paris SG and put some millions on the table.
In my view it will take some time and some more crisis before getting the expected results.
So Far Paris SG is the club which spent most money in transfer this season (42 M€ for the only Javier PASTORE).
Nevertheless it seems to me that there is a real opposition between the coach (Antoine Kombouare) and the Sports Director (Leonardo), an exemple of this, is the fact that Kombouare signed Nicolas Douchez as goalkeeper before the arrival of Leonardo. Douchez is one of french top goalkeeper, a position on the pitch where we always had numerous great players, but leonardo arrived with the goalkeeper of Palermo ! That means 2 international goalkeepers in the same team ! Who needs that ?

Concerning Metz, we are still in 2nd league, but hope to have a better season. Last year we saved our ass in 2nd league 2 games before the end. The team is VERY young, but it seems that we found 3 main players to help the youth developping (Duhammel, Traoré, Diaz).

Last but not least, RC Strasbourg, one historic french club (champions 79, several times cups winner) has been relegated to CFA (4th division), du to financial crisis. This means they are loosing all their profression structure, and their debt is so high that there is still a chance to see them relegated in cfa2 (5th league) if no investor is coming.

It's between 8 and 15M€ missing for the moment.

Greg 2 Villerupt
Acadamy Player
Acadamy Player

Back to top Go down

French Football Empty Re: French Football

Post  Wee Tam Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:25 pm

with regards to PSG, i think your right, it will take a bit of time, it took Chelsea 3 years after serious cash injetion to win the Premiership, and Man city are now on their 3rd season after a big cash injection, so i fear they will the same this year.
Wee Tam
Wee Tam
Admin
Admin

https://thegorgienoise.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg 2 Villerupt Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:01 pm

Well we cannot compare the french L1 and the premier league.
The competition is different.
French league is pretty poor (when you see Lille being champion !), and it will be easier for Paris compared to Man City.
In comparison PSG spent more money than ALL the first league on the transfer market.
The key of success for them, will be to solve the issue between Leonardo and Kombouare. I would put a fiver on Kombouare being sacked before XMas.

Greg 2 Villerupt
Acadamy Player
Acadamy Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum